Unablr to link Meraki 210 to Aruba 6200F

StackMan
New here

Unablr to link Meraki 210 to Aruba 6200F

I have a location where I have been able to connect the Meraki 210 to an Aruba(6405) switch stack. I have another location where I am attempting to connect a 210 to Aruba 6200F switch. I have followed the same layout as the previous successful installation- same vlan, port configuration, etc with no success. 

Has anyone else had this issue?

9 Replies 9
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you connecting both via a Trunk and do the native VLANs match on both sides?

What are you seeing in the logs at both sides?  Is STP playing nicely?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Yes connecting via trunk and the VLANS match. Will check logs.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We have plenty of networks in flux where we have a few Meraki's in there interconnected with some incumbent Aruba based switches (AOS and even AOS-CX).  We never experienced any issues on that.

Since you are mentioning a chassis based switch, is it a single switch or is it a VSX pair?  In the latter case please make sure your VSX is properly configured and are using a MC-LAG properly.

For the rest the config should be pretty straightforward.
Vlan trunk or vlan access with the correct VLAN configuration and make sure the Meraki management IP can reach dashboard.

Check on the Aruba switch that the link is not going down in any way and make sure you don't have BPDU guard leading tot he Meraki switch.

I did mention a chassis based switch where I was able to add the Meraki 210. The configuration that is in question is the two Aruba 6200's that are connected via SFP ports. 

VLAN config is correct. You mention BDPU guard. Should that be off for the port that is connected to the Meraki switch?

It is not in an VSX configuration. VSX is not supported in the 6200 model. Confirmed BDPU guard is not enabled.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The MS210 only has Gbit SFP ports. Which model of 6200F, is it the SFP+ version? if it is have you confirmed link speed is set to auto negotiate and are the SFP modules at the 6200 end 1Gb compatible? 

6200 is SFP+ version. Link speed is set to auto negotiate. Ports on the 6200 are 1 Gb compatible.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Oh yes the physical part is something you must look at.
You cannot have an SFP+ 10 Gbps module on one end and a 1 Gbps SFP module on the other.  Make sure the technology (1000BASE-SX or LX) is matching at both ends.

The switches are connected to a 1Gb port on each end.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels