SPAN or RSPAN support or alternatives

Adam
Kind of a big deal

SPAN or RSPAN support or alternatives

For call recording does anyone have any workarounds or knowledge of spanning or mirroring.  I've done the standard port mirroring but it is limited to a single switch/stack.  I'm thinking spanning or remote spanning would be more ideal.

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
5 REPLIES 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

your tracking internal calls? maybe you can forse calls to go through your pbx and capture there.

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Both internal and external.  All external calls go though the pbx so we can just mirror that port.  But internal calls don't. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This might end up a bit ugly.  You can mirror multiple source ports to a destination port.  I think you are going to have to do this.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Packet_Captures_and_Port_Mirroring_on_t...

I can definitely select multiple ports from multiple members of a switch stack.

Screenshot from 2018-03-03 12-11-05.png

Daz
Comes here often

We have the same need, call recording for internal clients. Mirroring many ports to one for me is a workaround not a solution unfortunately. Every desk setup consist in one lan port connected to an ip-phone and a thin client or a PC is daisy chain throught the phone to get connected to the network. Mirroring all the ports will result in mirroring lots of unwanted traffic from many Vlans.

We are currently using a 2960x (2 of them in stack) to mirrror the Voice Vlan for recording purpose, very annoying since that is the only non-meraki device in the network and is sitting between the access and the core switches, I have already "made a wish" with Meraki to introduce this functionality in the future if you are interested please do the same 🙂  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels