Reset MS125-48 Cannot connect

SOLVED
bpinet
Conversationalist

Reset MS125-48 Cannot connect

We had a switch that had not connected to our network for some time.  It was reset to factory defaults but we cannot connect to it via the management port using http://switch.meraki.com.  New to Meraki switches.  Was this a one time connect?  It still shows in our dashboard as offline for months.  Thanks,  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Plug any one of the Ethernet or fiber ports into an upstream device on your LAN. The uplink port should have access to a DHCP server and it will also need to be able to communicate with the internet. 

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try this without being connected to any network (wifi, etc).  Did you get an IP address when connecting to the management port?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Plug any one of the Ethernet or fiber ports into an upstream device on your LAN. The uplink port should have access to a DHCP server and it will also need to be able to communicate with the internet. 

I actually plugged it back into the original network and was them able to get it to show up in the dashboard and change it back to DHCP and disable Spanning Tree, then I could put it on our old network to do some trouble shooting.  Thank You.

MyHomeNWLab
A model citizen

Meraki MS intercepts the DNS communication and returns its own IP address (1.1.1.100) if it is "switch.meraki.com".
It could be a problem with the client's DNS settings, so I suggest trying with IP addresses (1.1.1.100) to break down a problem.

Using the Cisco Meraki Device Local Status Page - Cisco Meraki
https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_Me...

> MS - 1.1.1.100
> In order to access this address, configure a device with the following IP settings, and then browse the address in a web browser.
> IP address: 1.1.1.99
> Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try browsing directly to the default gateway given to your machine with DHCP.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you have factory reset it I would plug it into a VLAN that gets unfiltered internet access and give it 15-20 mins to update firmware etc and it should pop up on your dashboard. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels