MS355-48X SFP MODULES LOOSE

SOLVED
StevenWilson
Here to help

MS355-48X SFP MODULES LOOSE

I have a batch of new MS355-48X switches and MA-SFP 1GB TX modules. When I insert the modules into the SFP ports, the clip does not engage so the module is loose and can fall out.

I have tried multiple modules in 12 different switches and they are loose in almost every single port.

Is this normal?

Should I RMA all of the switches?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
StevenWilson
Here to help

I have tried numerous modules in the SFP slot of all the switches. The Meraki provided GLC do not clip in but I have had success with brand new CISCO GLC-TE modules. The inter-switch connections work fine through them too.

Are these modules supported on Meraki switches?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I recall vaguely some issues like this in the past, but not the details.

You'll need to raise a support ticket about the issue.

I fully intend to do so on behalf of my customer. Luckily we can use the copper ports as links between the switches, but this is a serious design flaw!

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When did you get them, we have 18 of them and I haven't (yet) seen the issue.  Do the modules fit okay in other switches and do other modules fit in the 355s?

The switches and the modules have recently been purchased by my customer. The modules fit properly in Cisco switches, so the problem is limited to MERAKI. I have tried the Cisco modules in the MERAKI switch, but they are loose to.
The problem is definitely with the ports of the MERAKI switches.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@StevenWilson we have now experienced the same issue on the SFP+ ports on Meraki MS355X-48 switches.  The ports are definitely sunk into the chassis by a millimetre or so.  On the MS225-48 and MS210-48 switches the same transceivers latch in place.

We did get a Cisco GLC-T stuck in an MS210-48 while testing, so I guess you win some and lose some...

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Ouch.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
StevenWilson
Here to help

I have tried numerous modules in the SFP slot of all the switches. The Meraki provided GLC do not clip in but I have had success with brand new CISCO GLC-TE modules. The inter-switch connections work fine through them too.

Are these modules supported on Meraki switches?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels