New Switch-View Magnetic-Design

MK2
Building a reputation

New Switch-View Magnetic-Design

Just want to say thank you Meraki. I love to see that it goes development of the plattform never stands still 🙂
And also want to leave a ‌‌♥️ for the new design.

MK2_0-1726568120211.png

12 Replies 12
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Solid mixed feelings about this one.

Colors are great but I feeling like core information is now missing or scattered everywhere.

I'm awaiting a reply from MS PM about this. I agree the info is now scattered and difficult to read. For example the port mode, native VLAN, and allowed VLANs used to be all grouped together for a super quick visual review. The data is now spread across three columns.

And as you said info is missing. Access Policy, auto speed rate, and STP state.

Ryan

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
nerdherd
Comes here often

Interesting...I do like the new design too, but the usage data is quite different.

The old version if definitely smoothed more, but I'm seeing a weird dip in usage every 30 minutes on every switch, but at different times:

Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 7.34.17 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-09-17 at 7.33.47 AM.png

MK2
Building a reputation

After a few hours I switched back to the "old" view.
I also see some big difference in the Usage-Graph.

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm just wondering what Slack group I have to join, to join this channel. 😉

rhbirkelund_0-1726575582857.png

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
Green_Networker
Conversationalist

Does this contain this change as well on to the switch port -

Green_Networker_0-1726580727706.png

I couldn't select all VLANS to be allowed.

Thanks

I agree that seems confusing. 

Yes very weird.
Try entering 1-4094 and then the pencil will appear.
When you save it will  read all again.

For some reason you cannot type all.

I think this may have something to do with using named vlans. Do you by any chance have that enabled?

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

Correct!

It's just on my home network and I like to try new features 😉

😉

Try changing the allow list on a catalyst trunk port. It'll complain no matter what you do, if you try of expand the list to other vlans thant 1-1000. Even if you change to 1-900,1010-1110.

You'll need to change the list to a low range e.g. 1-10, apply it, and then add the new range og 1-900,1010-1110.

Safe to say: there is some work to be done on that feature 😉

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels