MS390s alerting “A power supply is offline.” since upgrading to 15.14

Solved
MiguelMVLA
Here to help

MS390s alerting “A power supply is offline.” since upgrading to 15.14

Have not had a chance to reboot the units since the upgraded to 15.14 on 4/29/22, so roughly two weeks ago.

Switches are located at different sites.

Confirmed power to PSUs is good, made no physically changes to power sources except for reseating the PSUs and power cords, and the PSUs show as connected on the Meraki Dashboard. 

Location A - 3 units in a stack.
52E314F6-57FC-4A38-90E5-E0EE9298588C.jpeg

B5D3C60A-4942-4C1E-B3B9-C0A196E64D64.jpeg

D13013AF-2A69-444D-8EC3-22CAC41DFD70.jpeg

Location B - Two single MS390s with PSU Slot 2 offline alerts (one pictures below).
1B777E9F-E8AA-45E6-A78B-1C6BDAFF1DC3.jpeg

Location C - PSU Slot 2 alerting for weeks now.

Location D - PSU Slot 2 was alerting but cleared up on it’s own after a day or so.

I’ll probably end up rebooting the units when there is less user activity but any suggestions would be appreciated. Again, I’ve already pulled and reconnected power cords and reset the PSUs.

Miguel
1 Accepted Solution
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you remove and re-insert one to see if its kicks into life? 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you remove and re-insert one to see if its kicks into life? 

Hi BlakeRichardson,

Yes, I removed and re-inserted the PSUs at locations A (three MS390 stack) and B (two single units) without success.

What I find odd is that location D’s issue started and disappeared on it’s own without intervention.
Miguel

You may need to try restarting one of the switches, if that doesn't come right I would suggest opening a support ticket. 

I removed and re-inserted the PSUs at the remaining locations and they came up.

Miguel
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels