MS250 port channel config

SOLVED
Marco18
Conversationalist

MS250 port channel config

Hi all,

We have 2 ms250 I want to create lacp to increase throughput  and provide redundancy incase we loose connectivity from our stack connection. Can provide the correct configuration on the port?

Thanks!

Regards,

Marco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi Marco

The following url provides detailed literature on Link Aggregation along with a Youtube Video (Documenting the steps).

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Port_and_VLAN_Configuration/Switch_Ports#SwitchPorts-LinkAggrega...

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi Marco

The following url provides detailed literature on Link Aggregation along with a Youtube Video (Documenting the steps).

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Port_and_VLAN_Configuration/Switch_Ports#SwitchPorts-LinkAggrega...

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network
Adam
Kind of a big deal

It may mention it in the docs or video but in our experience, it is best to configure the downstream LACP ports first then the upstream to avoid losing connection.  Otherwise, you have to physically move the cable to a different port to get the switch back online to take its config.  Have other ports configured as backups in case you need to do this.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Marco18
Conversationalist

Hi Adam,

I already have stacked the 2 ms250 via the stacking cable. Need to implement lacp for increasing throughtput and also incase the stack loose connectivity we have a backup connectvity on  both of the switch. Is this the best practice or any recommendation?

Adam
Kind of a big deal

We did LACP for that purpose at one of our sites.  What speed is the stack cable and how many ports are you wanting to setup in LACP?

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

LACP causes spanning tree issues with ver 10.26

Marco18
Conversationalist

2 port on both of our stack switch

Marco18
Conversationalist

Another concern, from my meraki switch going to firewall and router can we use lacp for redundancy as well. Coz currently I only have one line going thru firewall and another one going thru router.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels