MS210 & MS225 stacking-port LEDs

SOLVED
MK2
Building a reputation

MS210 & MS225 stacking-port LEDs

Hi, I just built a stack of 2 MS210 and 1 MS225 and spent 2 hours trying to figure out why the LEDs on the stacking port only light green on the MS225 and orange on all the others.

Could it just be that the LED colors are different? I have not found any documentation on this, the stack works.

🙉

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MK2
Building a reputation

Seems like you are supposed to be confused by design 🤣

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The documentation only mentions green or off. I would assume that it is a differentiator for the Stack-master. But that is only a guess.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

To be honest I've stacked hundreds of these and never noticed the difference in the LED status on either the MS210 or ms225.  If I can see the stack in the dashboard then I'm happy 😁

Are any of the switches complaining about connectivity to the dashboard?  If not...then nothing to worry about.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That was also my first thought. Last time I touched one of the stacks physically is probably a year ago ... And I didn't look at the stack LEDs ...

MK2
Building a reputation

Dashboard is happy, I would happy too if I would know the meaning of the LED. 

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

if you have the time why not strip the stacks down again and put only the MS225's together and likewise with the MS210's (so only stack like with like) and see if the LED status remain the same.  Maybe its a quirk with stacking the two together....but as I've said before, i've never noticed the difference in status lights.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
MK2
Building a reputation

The stack is in production 😕 and it's working so everything must be fine, but it's a little bit strange.

Wish the documentation would be correct, but no orange light's there. 

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I had some remote eyes look at two stacks:

Stack of 2*MS225: all green

Mixed Stack of MS210 and MS225: 2*green, 1*orange

ok, that doesn't really help now ...

MK2
Building a reputation

Seems like you are supposed to be confused by design 🤣

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels