MS120-8FP 1G compatible issue

Solved
Keith_Li
Comes here often

MS120-8FP 1G compatible issue

Dear All, 

I will soon deploying Meraki MS120-8FP switch and AP with our customer, the uplink will be connecting through sfp 1G transceiver to huawei switch 1000 base sx sfp, and later this huawei switch will be replaced with MS210-24P, but it will be in phase 2, i would like to know which transrecever will be compatible for current Huawei and MS210-24P that will be used as well as the Fiber cable, any help would be appreicated 

Best Regards, 

Keith 

1 Accepted Solution
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Keith_Li  The fibre lead has to match the transceiver type i.e. single mode or multimode. I would buy a pair of SFP transceivers so that they match specs. The Meraki switch will basically work with anything Cisco and I would assume you Huawei switch will as well. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can check the Meraki SFP compatibility at the following link.
Small-Form Factor Pluggable (SFP) and Stacking Accessories - Cisco Meraki

Essentially, you'd probably be looking at a MA-SFP-1GB-SX (assuming multimode cabling)

Keith_Li
Comes here often

let me try thank you 

jfigueroa
Here to help

Hello, Keith_Li

It should be open standard.

Thanks.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Keith_Li  The fibre lead has to match the transceiver type i.e. single mode or multimode. I would buy a pair of SFP transceivers so that they match specs. The Meraki switch will basically work with anything Cisco and I would assume you Huawei switch will as well. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels