Stack setup

SurajRumpal
Comes here often

Stack setup

Hi,

I have purchased MS390-48UX 2 of these switches along with our MX95. I am wanting to stack the 2 switches together. I have also purchased the Meraki MS390 120G Data stack cable. When I connect these to each switch in a ring topology I then go onto the meraki portal but it does not detect the potential stack. If I create it manually it also does not detect the switches. Am I missing something as on the catalyst series I know the stack is plug and play once connected and automatically sees everything. Do you also need the stack power cables to make this work/ I cannot figure why it won’t work. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

suraj

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Check the documentation.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Stacking/Switch_Stacks#Stacking_MS390s

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Maybe try not stacking them together to begin with, and bring their firmware up to the current stable release version, and then once they both show as online and stable - stack them.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels