MS 11.17 - Upgrade Scheduled by Meraki

SOLVED
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

MS 11.17 - Upgrade Scheduled by Meraki

Had 3 sites just get auto scheduled for upgrade from 10.45 to 11.17

Anyone else getting forced upgrade emails coming in?

Hate it when they do that lol

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I got notification of a scheduled upgrade to MS 11.22 also.

I just canceled the scheduled update by going to Organization>Firmware upgrades > Scheduled changes.  I'll wait till it is released as "Stable".

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Funny, they just released 11.20 today that has a RADIUS fix on stacked switches. Looks like they want to move ahead with getting 11.17 from RC to stable anyway. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes I have had lots of those emails.

redsector
Head in the Cloud

No mails up to now.

drgnslyr
Getting noticed

Most of my networks got this scheduled as well.  Odd since their website still lists this as RC.  Time to reschedule them back a month and see.

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

@drgnslyr wrote:

Odd since their website still lists this as RC. 

That's exactly what this is, Meraki pushing it to Stable. The way they mark as Stable is when it's deployed to X number of networks. 

Brons2
Building a reputation

Mine notified me at 11.22 that it was upgrading in roughly 2 weeks.  Anyone else running 11.22, is it stable?

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

I was forced to do 11.17, and then about 10 days later 11.22 came out and now I am being forced to upgrade some other sites to 11.22.

I pushed them back 30 days, and set a calendar reminder 5 days before it ends, to push it back again.

I'll wait till they stop updating it so frequently.
TwitterLinkedIn

I got notification of a scheduled upgrade to MS 11.22 also.

I just canceled the scheduled update by going to Organization>Firmware upgrades > Scheduled changes.  I'll wait till it is released as "Stable".

Did they add an option to cancel and I not notice it?
TwitterLinkedIn

OMG awesome. That must new or I'm an idiot. Never noticed it before that it actually gave you the option to cancel. woot woot
TwitterLinkedIn
Brons2
Building a reputation

Yea stable is still listed as 10.45.  11.22 was shown on as being released on June 14th.  I'm going to let it stew in the wild a bit longer I think.  The other thing is that we are closed on Thursday/Friday for Independence Day.  My upgrade is scheduled for 7/7 at 00:04 (am).  I'd rather not have to think about this on my 4 day weekend.  If I push it back two weeks and there's no further version upgrade it will have been in the wild for 5 weeks roughly.  I'm pretty comfortable with that.

Meraki upgrade 2019-06-26 155014.jpg

AdamD
Comes here often

Probably a wise choice to hold off. I asked my boss if he had seen any issues with Meraki firmware upgrades in the past since this was my first time dealing with Meraki firmware upgrades. He said he hadn't seen any with the two he was involved with so I let the upgrade to MS 11.22 go through on 7/7.

Early in the week, I had some people tell me about some issues they were having with mapped drives disconnecting and I got disconnected from an Access database on a network share multiple times. After some investigating, I found that some packets to VLAN interfaces on the MS 250 stacks at each of our office appeared to intermittently drop. Pinging from a host to its gateway on the MS 250 stacks would be successful for a while then would start dropping for minutes at a time. This was happening with multiple VLANs while some others were unaffected. Meraki support looked things over but couldn't find a reason for it. At their request, I rebooted both switches in the stack at one of our offices to see if that would resolve the issue but it didn't.

I rolled back the firmware on 7/14 and so far everything appears to be functioning correctly again.

Brons2
Building a reputation

Yuck.  I can't be having packet drops.  Was it a particular VLAN or was it random?

I pushed my upgrade back again, to the first weekend in August.  I might push it back again after that.  11.22 is now shown as the stable version on that same page I posted above though.

AdamD
Comes here often

There were at least 3 or 4 VLANs experiencing the issue across 2 different sites and switch stacks. I checked a handful of others but those seemed to be stable. Meraki support asked me to do a packet capture of pings from a server on one of the affected VLANs to its gateway. I sent that over to them last week but I haven't heard anything back yet.

@AdamD, dis you see this only on MS250 switches?

AdamD
Comes here often

@GregasGYes, as far as I could tell that's where we were having our issues. Meraki support did a packet capture when I was on the call with them last week and I believe they told me they could see the pings coming in from one of our servers but they weren't seeing any reply going back out.

redsector
Head in the Cloud

I have got 9 Networks updated to MS11.22, no issues, this are smaller networks up to 9 switches MS225, MS220, MS210 .

4 Networks are running on MS11.23, no issues, this are smaller networks up to 4 switches.

Our main network ist still running with MS10.45 with 33 MS 225 and MS220 switches.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels