Switch not responding to PING

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Switch not responding to PING

Hi have two small MS120-8 switches setup with management on VLAN2 IP addresses are 192.168.2.2 and 192.168.2.3 respectively gateway and DNS for both are identical.  Now I can ping 192.168.2.3 but I cannot ping 192.168.2.2

• Firewall rules between my subnet and the management VLAN are not the problem I have double checked that.

• Duplicate IP's are not the issue as I have turned off the switch to see if another device replies and I have checked my dashboard.

The uplink switch is also configured to allow all VLAN traffic i.e. trunk with native VLAN1 and allowing all.

I am about to run a packet capture but just thought I would check to see if I am missing something simple.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have the feeling this is a DOA, the dashboard is seeing this switch correctly however its listing clients on port 43...... It's only an 8 Port switch.

Factory reset it in desperation?

Can one of the switches ping the other switch (they are both in the same subnet, so this should be a very simple case)?

Ben
A model citizen

Have u tried going on the local status page of the device? Is this page reachable?

as @PhilipDAth i'de try a factory reset as well

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have factory reset and still doesn't work. I can ping from another switch which is odd and status page works if I am on that VLAN.

I have triple checked the VLAN tagging on the uplink siwthc and have had a co-worker check it as well. 

The switch is also only happy if I use 8.8.8.8 for the DNS even though the other switches are happy if I use are internal DNS....

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels