Join a Cisco Catalyst Port channel

Solved
kev2five
Comes here often

Join a Cisco Catalyst Port channel

On my Meraki do I simply configure my desired two uplink ports with native vlan and allowed vlans. 
Then select them both and choose Aggregation. 
Then control the negotiation etc from my upstream Cisco Catalyst with matching configuration?

Lastly, how to I take two ports out of aggregation on Meraki? Select both ports and ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@kev2five they are the dedicated stacking ports on the back of the switch.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you simply select the ports you wish to aggregate and apply.

The Cisco Catalyst side requires matching VLAN config and LACP Active or Passive mode.

Removing ports from aggregation involves selecting the ports and clicking "split" in the Meraki dashboard, and removing the port-channel config from the Cisco switch side.

Note: I would shut down all links in the bundle except for 1 to avoid introducing any potentials of loops.

More information can be found in the following doc - Link Aggregation and Load Balancing - Cisco Meraki

Nikhil2311
Here to help

Yes if you want more information of Load balancing and link aggregation you can visit below site:

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Link_Aggregation_a...

kev2five
Comes here often

Thanks for the swift reply. 

I've unsplit on my test switch, so thats good to know.

I seem to have somehow put two ports on my test switch into Stack mode. How does one unstack these two? I seem to only have edit option>name. 
When reviewing switch stack page, it is empty. But on Switch Ports I have two listed as dedicated stack.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Only an MS425 can have stack ports on the front.

You can change them back to regular switchports in the switch -> switchports page and just change the mode.

Thanks, I have tried that. My only option that is not greyed out once I tick a port, is édit', and this gives me the window to only change the description.
Its a MS225-48LP switch.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels