I need some advice about configure vlans on meraks

AlexanderDrago
Getting noticed

I need some advice about configure vlans on meraks

I have MX same model and MS same model.

They in warm spare. ISP connected to switch from switch connect to router MX by 2 links on each ports for internet on MX. I connected each MX to each MS. MX1 to MS1 and MS2 / MX2 to MS1 and MS2.

How better configure vlans? How i saw Cisco Meraki need native vlan, and if i wante trunk different vlans to another switch not MS, example HP, i need choose native vlan which be different from trunk vlans ? Am i right ?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

sometimes the native vlan is required for example a cisco iOS switch passes protocols like cdp vtp etc on the native vlan.

i don't think meraki "needs" it but just keep the native the same between two switches then ur ok.

yes you can add native also to allowed vlan list , its best to choose a vlan your not using for cliënts. https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Port_and_VLAN_Configuration/Recommended_Configuration_for_Trunk_...

Ok, thank you. I add another native vlan on trunk port on MX (because choose another option "drop all untug untagged traffice"). And on MS trunk ports i disable native vlan and write list of vlans to trunk. How i uderstand on cisco Meraki native vlan = pvid on cisco small business.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels