Expired License

nst1
Building a reputation

Expired License

What happens if an MS runs out of a license?

For example, I have 3 MS each with a license but 2 MS of them with a 3-year license and 1 MS with a 1-year license.

If the teams with the 1 year license saw what happens with the ??? it stops working ???

Is the dashboard disabled or do I lose the administration of changing a vlan or a port ??? Or does it leave my network completely without communication (LAN, Wifi, MX)?

5 REPLIES 5
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

There's an automatic co-termination. So there would be one date for all of them to expire.

More info here:

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Licensing/Cisco_Meraki_Licensing_Guidelines...

@BrechtSchamp  is corrrect.

And yes, if you licence expires all your Meraki networking kit will stop forwarding packets.  Your network will completely stop working.

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

First you will be reminded of the expiration.

But you will get a grace period of 30 days. But after these days your network will stop working.

Just to add, you can call Meraki Support and get a 30-day extension on your original 30 day grace period, giving you another buffer just in case.

You will not receive a warning if you use a SAML account, something to keep in mind.  Yes, they shut your entire account down, even the devices with valid licenses.  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels