Ethernet Lights on MS220-8P

Solved
McCombsIT
Here to help

Ethernet Lights on MS220-8P

Hi everyone!

I don't know if this is the case with all MS models or just this one, but I am curious why the Ethernet lights are solid instead of blinking to show link activity. Every time I look at my switch my first reaction is "something's wrong" and then I remember the LED's have never blinked. 

I couldn't find anyone else talking about this, but if it's a feature I can enable somewhere I would love to know about it! 

1 Accepted Solution
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

All Meraki switchport LEDs show a solid colour to indicate connection speed relative to maximum as far as I know.  i.e. if the port is a 1Gb port then it will show green at 1Gb and yellow at 100Mb or less.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @McCombsIT , mine does exactly the same.  Nothing to enable anywhere, nothing is broken. Maybe they used different light bulbs on these models, ones that don’t flash 😁

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

All Meraki switchport LEDs show a solid colour to indicate connection speed relative to maximum as far as I know.  i.e. if the port is a 1Gb port then it will show green at 1Gb and yellow at 100Mb or less.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The MS120-8 on my desk shows solid light for link speed on left side of port and flashing light on right for activity. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@BlakeRichardson I'm pretty sure the MS 120-8 is unique by having two lights per port.  All the other Meraki switches only have the one...

McCombsIT
Here to help

Thank you all for the answers. Bummer the lights don't flash, but it's of course not a deal-breaker. It would just be cool to have the option. Thanks!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels