Copper 10GB SFP+ for MS250?

martin-netx
Getting noticed

Copper 10GB SFP+ for MS250?

We are looking at the possibility of connecting some servers to an MS250 usping the 10GB SFP+ ports on the MS250. It does not look like Meraki offers a 10GB Copper SFP+ module. Has anyone done this sucsessfully with a third party module? Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

martin-netx
Getting noticed

Thanks ww, yeah, we thought about twinax as a possibility. Copper/RJ45 is going to be easier given the physical ports on the server and distance.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We have had good success with the FS.com Cisco compatible transceivers in Cisco IOS switches such as the 3850, but have not yet tried one in an MS.  I will move one and let you know.

Thanks very much for the kind offer of trying an fs.com transceiver. I'll be very intereasted to hear how you get on.

I recently used some Skylane 10G-BaseT SFP+ on a MS125 switch, worked just fine.

So they should work just fine on other Meraki switches as well (fingers crossed).

But please be aware that the 10G-BaseT  SFP+ do get "hotter" then the normal fiber ones.

I dont think Meraki does it, but some manufacturers list a max number of these modules you should install in their switches. - But thats mostly the SFP+ only switches. I dont think I have seen it for normal access-switches. But just be aware that this problem is there. 

PS. The switch lists the part number as : "Part SPT00M301000D33"

But I think you will find the right model without the D33 at the end.

Thanks Thomas. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels