Cat 9300 cloud management migration

Sophiejmitch
Comes here often

Cat 9300 cloud management migration

Hi All,

Hoping someone might be able to advise as struggling to find the answer within the FAQ's/documentation. Basically if you migrate a 9300 over to Meraki management mode and the licences expire, will the device/network stop working as is the case with legacy Meraki devices, or will the DNA network features still work (i.e. the features included within the perpetual licence on the 9k's)?

Thanks

3 Replies 3
Elliot_Sandell
Conversationalist

I am pretty sure you need to buy a Meraki Managment License. However, as its currently in test its not enforced and I think there will be a 30-day grace period post going to GA.

Elliot_Sandell_0-1687336232368.png

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Sophiejmitch enrolling a 9300 for Meraki management effectively makes it an MS390 so licensing should behave as such.  You could always convert it back if you cannot renew the Meraki license.

Madhan_kumar_G
Getting noticed

Hi,

If you are integrating 9300 for Meraki Monitoring only, There is no impact on the switch functionality over DNA license expiry. But if you convert it for Management, it becomes a MS390 and requires Meraki License to function. DNA Licenses you purchased in case, can be migrated to Meraki License with the help of the Accounts team and TAC.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels