Assistance Needed with Meraki Cisco Switches Connection Issues

WHP
Comes here often

Assistance Needed with Meraki Cisco Switches Connection Issues

Hello,

I hope you are well.

We have been experiencing connection problems at the WHP hospital following the upgrade of the Cisco Meraki switches scheduled for 29 July 2024. We have tried to solve the problem but without success.

Could you please help us resolve this issue?

9 Replies 9
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The best way for solving issues is to contact meraki support to help you with this issue

Or

You can revert back to older firmware

If you want the forum to help we would need more detailed info of what you are experiencing, when, and related event logs 

WHP
Comes here often

Thank you for your time,
Reverting to the previous firmware version would be a good idea, but after 14 days we can't revert to the old firmware and the problem has persisted for more than three week.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Your info is quite sparse.

Please elaborate what the exact issues are that you are helping.

Is it physical issues (links disconnecting)
Is it STP related, clients not getting an IP, etc etc.

WHP
Comes here often

Hi,
I think the problem is on the software side, the client receives the IP address but after a while the switches automatically switch off, during the start-up no client is served and this phenomenon is periodic after the switch upgrade which was not successful.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The switch is crashing or the one port is shutting down?  There is quite a difference.
If your switch is stuck between a firmware version you definitely need support to be able to downgrade again and then upgrade again.

However try to be as specific is possible and don't make assumptions.

WHP
Comes here often

The switch crashes after a while and then reboots automatically, causing the connection to be lost during the startup process. This problem began after the upgrade, which has not been successful to date.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@WHP as mentioned above, you need to contact Cisco Meraki support to either force the upgrade through, or take you back to the previous version.

WHP
Comes here often

I contacted technical support and they gave me the technician's email, but unfortunately they didn't reply. If possible, how can we go back to the previous version? since the 14 days have passed, how can we rollback? the rollback button isn't active now.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

From the dashboard just open a new support case asking to roll back network X to firmware y.  If you want to do it urgently, then call them direct, the numbers are on the support page and should also be available from the ticket email you will get.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels