802.1X Access profiles - Multi Authentication

Micahel_Horne
Conversationalist

802.1X Access profiles - Multi Authentication

Hello All,

We have a customer that is looking at migrating from Catalyst to Meraki switches. At the moment 802.1X authentication is used.

I was reading about the support for 802.1X authentication of devices on Meraki switches. It seems they support two host modes:

Capture.PNG

Can someone confirm if Multi-Authentication is supported or is on the road map? 

At the moment the Catalyst Switches are using Multi-Authentication for some ports.

Many thanks,

Michael

5 REPLIES 5
Bovie2K
Getting noticed

I don't think its supported but I want it as well.

VictorC
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

This is not supported on our switches today, but feedback like this is exactly what we need to prioritize what features we work on.  If you haven't already, make sure to use the "Make A Wish" box on the bottom right-hand corner of every page on Dashboard. 

Heads up!  You may see something new in MS 10.11, ETA next week!

That is exciting and terrifying at the same time. We gave up this feature 2+ years ago when we switched to Meraki. We were a bit surprised it was not available because we had run it for years on our Procurve switches without issue. Even without multi auth, the 802.1x stack in the Meraki switches was pure garbage until we got on the 9.xx firmwares. Multi auth really helps us be flexible with our ports. We had to run several new home runs when we switched due to the single authenticated device limit.

Any future plans to support guest vlan with multi auth? It has been a few years since removing our last procurve but as I recall, guest vlan still worked if the only client on a port was unauthenticated. If an authenticated device was already on the port, then the unauth device was blocked.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels