Turn video of MV32 180 degrees in dashboard

rwiesmann
A model citizen

Turn video of MV32 180 degrees in dashboard

Hi all, 

i have a MV32 which i did not install on the ceiling. Instead i have the camera installed on the floor or on a table.

So now my video in the dashboard is up side down. Is it possible to turn the video a 180 degrees?

many thanks 

Roger

7 REPLIES 7
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

If I remember correctly the turn 180 feature in the dashboard is just to rotate the whole circular projection 180°. Just like you would rotate the camera 180° on the ceiling. Afaik you can't rotate 180° "upside down". Make a wish ;).

Thanks for the answer...I thought initially to do a wish...but thought then to ask the community.

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Hey @rwiesmann,

Go into the camera, and then under Settings > Video settings you should see the first option is "Rotation". You can flip the view 180° there.

We need an Upside Down button!

DonAnnett_0-1582736657457.jpeg

@DonAnnett wrote:

We need an Upside Down button!

DonAnnett_0-1582736657457.jpeg

Indeed. There seems to be some misunderstanding about what the rotate function does and what @rwiesmann wants.

First, what the rotate button actually does:

Before:

Screenshot - 683a1e53779b - Feb 26 2020 065611 PM CET.png

After (sorry I was lazy and just flipped the image myself, ignore the timestamp):Screenshot - 683a1e53779b - Feb 26 2020 065611 PM CET.png

Imo this doesn't make much difference for most users as it's a 360° view, the initial view when changing to DPTZ view is different, but that's about it I think.

What the OP needs is to flip the DPTZ image the right side up when the camera is not ceiling mounted but floor/desk/whatever else mounted. So flip this around:

Screenshot - 683a1e53779b - Feb 26 2020 065658 PM CET.png

I hope that clears up the confusion...

Most vendors use the terms flip and mirror. 

I like you comments...i really need this upside down button 🙃

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.