PTZ Cam

rodeddie
Comes here often

PTZ Cam

Hi,

I have a site requesting PTZ cameras, and I wanted to ask which meraki camera supports this.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately Meraki does not have any model with PTZ.

https://meraki.cisco.com/products/smart-cameras/models/

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Maybe look at the Mv32 which is the fisheye equivalent and uses DPTZ (digital pan tilt zoom)

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

In fact, for PTZ I consider that these fisheye cameras only have "Z" (zoom). I don't particularly like these cameras, they can even cover 360º, but honestly, the visibility is not that great.

But that's my opinion.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Depending on the scenario, I would look at the MV93 (new and 3rd Generation) as it has much better resolution than the MV32 (2nd Generation).  Check the datasheet out here.  The other big thing in my eyes is that the MV93 has IR illuminators so it can go monochrome (night mode) and be able to see in very low light areas and at night.  The MV32 doesn't have this capability for nightmode.  The MV93 also is IP67 and IK10+ rated so you could use it outdoors as well.  

rodeddie
Comes here often

Thanks I'll research you replies

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes Meraki don't make a PTZ camera, I have my fingers crossed for them doing it one day. I use them in hard to access places so that fine adjustments can be made as trees grow / are pruned and similar reasons. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.