MV2 Not Onboarding

Solved
AxL1971
Building a reputation

MV2 Not Onboarding

Trying to onboard a MV2 camera, as per instructions all suuccessfull using the mobile application however camera never connects to the access point and thus not online on the portal.

Any ideas, can't see anything in the event log for the MV2 trying to connect to a Meraki AP

1 Accepted Solution
AdBurl
Getting noticed

If you are whitelisting MAC addresses make sure that the MAC address that is shown on the camera (both on the label and the dashboard) is the one that is being seen when trying to connect.  The dhcp server might be seeing a different MAC address.  If you see dhcp failures check what MAC address it is coming from

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I'd give factory reset a shot https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Initial_Configuration/MV2_Wireless_Onboarding#Factory_Resetting_...

If it still continues to fail then I'd recommend opening a Support case

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Make sure your APs are using recent firmware.  Perhaps they are running firmware too old to support the MV2.

Also I am assuming you are using modern APs that support MV cameras.

AxL1971
Building a reputation

AP's are MR 56 running firmware MR 28.6

AdBurl
Getting noticed

If you are whitelisting MAC addresses make sure that the MAC address that is shown on the camera (both on the label and the dashboard) is the one that is being seen when trying to connect.  The dhcp server might be seeing a different MAC address.  If you see dhcp failures check what MAC address it is coming from

AxL1971
Building a reputation

issue was with the MAC address, the MAC address on the camera was different to what the MAC address was when connecting to the portal.

We whitelist MAC addresses for a IoT SSID (which is what these MV2 connects too).

Once I added the correct MAC address and then did a factory reset of the device and onboarded again, the MV2 came online within a few minutes.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.