Configure MVs Faster: MV Quality and Retention Profiles and APIs

Geraldine
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Configure MVs Faster: MV Quality and Retention Profiles and APIs

Today, we released the new Quality and Retention Profiles and APIs. You can now assign the same quality and retention settings to multiple cameras at once using the Meraki Dashboard or Dashboard APIs.

Although the MV cameras are easy to deploy, configuring a lot of them can take some time. With profiles, you can group cameras together based on their recording requirements and assign them in one go. On top of that, with APIs, you can programmatically change settings across cameras or even networks within your organization. 

On dashboard, you can create a profile with a group of quality and retention settings under Cameras > Camera profiles, and then assign the profile to selected cameras through the nodes list page. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 4.01.08 PM.png

Learn more about how to use profiles on Meraki Documentation. You can learn more about the APIs on Meraki Developer Hub.

Do you have an ongoing on upcoming deployment? We'd love to hear what you think, and what you plan to do with all that freed up time! 😆

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is going to save me a huge amount of time!

I'm going to use all that freed up time to badger product managers.

@PhilipDAth I think you win for best response. Kudos to you! I'll let the product team know you're coming for them. 😉

@PhilipDAth  :_(

Priesty
Building a reputation

now this is a good thing

schasegleason
Here to help

Have been deploying hundreds of Cameras to install and this is taking the last manually 'configuration' step (besides zoom and focus) out of the deployment process. Thank You!!
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

Late to the party on this, but a big FINALLY to the MV team for adding this feature! 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MRCUR wrote:

Late to the party on this, but a big FINALLY to the MV team for adding this feature! 

Hi @MRCUR! Always nice to see you here!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.