Cant see Video from my MV32 Camera

Jayesh_Patel
Comes here often

Cant see Video from my MV32 Camera

I have just started working with Cisco Meraki Camera. Just got the Camera, followed steps mentioned in MV32 Installation guide.  

1) Created new account on Meraki Dashboard.

2) Added camera with Serial on newly created Network. 

3) I can make LED blink, Reboot  and test Camera Ping 

4) Even under Camera monitor camera status is Green(Good/Online)

Q1)  Why can't i see any live video under video tab. 

Q2) Even though i have connected camera with Ethernet cable having internet connection still Blue LED is blinking.  Seeing LED status which mean MV32 is looking for WiFi network. 

Since i have just started working with MV32 am i missing any point, Can anybody guide me? 

Thanks,

JP

7 Replies 7
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

I'm going to ask a silly question here but just double checking lol....there is nothing blocking the view of the camera right? Like the cover or something >.<

Are you able to see the camera video when on Ethernet? Or is it only on Wireless that you cant? Are you on the same local network as the camera? Any firewalls in between you and the camera? Does the black screen give you any information? Like a spinning wheel 'loading'?

Feel free to upload any screenshots as well so we can assist you
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Hello Nolan, Please find my comments below for the question you asked, 

I'm going to ask a silly question here but just double checking lol....there is nothing blocking the view of the camera right? Like the cover or something >.<

- A1) LOL, No there is nothing covering camera. Since i am configuring camera, I have placed camera at my work desk pointing upward. 

Are you able to see the camera video when on Ethernet? 

-A2) I have connected the camera with Ethernet cable all time. As in future i am planning to use POE for our use case. 

Are you on the same local network as the camera?

- A3) I am using my laptop to access dashboard. My laptop is connected via WiFi  and Camera using Ethernet at company place. i think if i can make LED blink then i am on same network. Please correct if i understood wrongly. 

Any firewalls in between you and the camera?

-A4) Not sure about this. Is there any way to debug this ? 

Does the black screen give you any information? Like a spinning wheel 'loading'?

-A5)  I have added screenshot. Its always showing spinning wheel. 

MV32Screenshot.png

Thanks,

JP 

So the green check box in the bottom left corner mean 'Direct LAN Stream', which is good. This means you are on the same network.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Viewing_Video/Video_Streaming

I think what you might want to do, as I believe I've ran into this before, is rewind the feed back a few minutes. You see the tiny green bar? Scroll back and see if you see any video.

I've ran into this before but it usually will eventually show me the 'live stream' after like 20 seconds.

If you still have issues, you might want to either try a complete reset, or reach out to support. I don't think there is anything going on with firewalls etc since you have local LAN access.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Support/Resetting_Cisco_Meraki_Devices_to_F...

Also maybe remove the camera from the network and re-add it. Those would be two simple enough tasks that might save you some time with support when you call them
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Still no luck, I tried both the ways, First i removed camera from network and re added it. Secondly i hard reset the Camera. Still i am not able to see any video. 

One thing i observed after hard reset in Event log tab is this event dropped event type. I can see this event type every time when i reboot camera.  Can you help me understand what does this warning mean in attached image.  

EventType.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The first time you power up the camera it encrypts its hard drive.  This can easily take 10 minutes.  Presumably it has been powered up longer than this.

Is the camera in the same subnet as you or is it routed via something?

Yes Camera is on the same local network.
EJN
A model citizen

Can you try another web connection (home for example)? I had a case where the camera was shown green on status (online), but the video feed was blocked by the network.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.