Camera uploading

shanerogers
Just browsing

Camera uploading

We have 75 MV22 cameras so far on the network.  I have seen a few times where one camera will have massive amounts of uploading. Here is an example in last 2 hours. 

shanerogers_0-1613744175109.png

First I'm not sure how this happens. Second is there a way to prevent this? 

Thanks in advance

Shane

5 REPLIES 5
EJN
A model citizen

Motion settings on the camera? Some user accessing the camera to view footage? Is it a one-time occurance or does it repeat every day/hour? Settings identical between this camera and another one nearby? Have you tried reset/restart the camera?

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education

Motion sensor is on as I thought that was the best option to use.  Users are not viewing if they are its on same subnet so shouldn't be any upload of data then.  I do see it daily sometimes its different cameras, like yesterday there was one camera that uploaded 4.3gig that day.  I do have all cameras set exact same.  

I haven't tried to reset 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Someone is probably watching it externally.

Check the camera access log (Cameras/Video Access).

No one is doing it external.  We only have 3 or 4 users total that can view and I have confirmed they are not looking at them other than at work.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When they are accessing the cameras do they have the cloud icon or the tick?

At my home due to some poor configuration of the ISP supplied router I cannot access the 'live' stream locally unless I manually change the viewing PC's DNS to Google's servers.  Therefore every view triggers upload traffic.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.