cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mounting MV12 on warehouse columns

JeffLock
New here

Mounting MV12 on warehouse columns

Need to mount several MV12's on steel warehouse columns.  We run CAT6 in a conduit to a electrical box or if there is a box from the camera manufacturer into that.  The MV12 mounting arm won't allow for this installation.  Is there a mounting box (Meraki doesn't have one) that fits the mounting pattern on the mounting arm for the MV12's?  They have a conduit back box for the MV72 but not the MV12's.  Worst case is we move the MV72's but mounting is inside the warehouse, not outside.....

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal

Re: Mounting MV12 on warehouse columns

What about mounting the MV12 to some plywood, and mounting the plywood to the steel beam?

JeffLock
New here

The problem is the network cable.  How do you get it patched into the camera without exposing the actual cable?  I guess you could use plywood over the electrical box but that's not the best solution.  Thanks.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal

@JeffLock Is the cable pre-existing cable or will you be running new cable?  If you to run new cable I would run external cable and then mount to wood as mentioned by @PhilipDAth if you are worried about the cable being exposed.

If the warehouse isn't humid or dusty I wouldn't be that concerned. 

Meraki CMNO, Ruckus WISE, Sonicwall CSSA, Allied Telesis CASE & CAI
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.