What signal level is required?

SOLVED
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What signal level is required?

We've deployed some MT10s and some are seeing APs but not connecting.  Does anyone have experience of what signal level is generally required for them to work without me slowly moving it towards the AP?

Screenshot_20210915-211455_Chrome.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I think it wants better than -85. As for the obvious things. What model AP’s and what firmware version are they running?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

I'm getting a lot of "Gateway MR36 detected insufficient RSSI from sensor YYYY" messages, because of my bad RSSI values, but they are working fine here

Greenberet_1-1631737711108.png

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No idea sorry, the only sensor we have at the moment is in a comms room that is connected to an MV72 that is has a corridor and a thick concrete wall between it and the MT sensor. 

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I think it wants better than -85. As for the obvious things. What model AP’s and what firmware version are they running?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks @Ryan_Miles I saw these in the event log that support your statement:

Screenshot_20210916-073851_Chrome.jpg

However the sensor can see four APs that are all MR42s running 28.4 and one of them has a -67dBm signal

Screenshot_20210916-074054_Chrome.jpg

So far I've tried rebooting the MT, multiple of the MRs, making sure Bluetooth is on and am now a bit stuck!

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've opened a case: 07014827 to see if something has simply got confused...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.