MT20 alert configuration

Solved
SteveLandon
Here to help

MT20 alert configuration

I have looked at the alert configuration for the MT20 and I haven't figured out what "alert" actually means. Does that mean recording a door event to the log regardless of a "schedule" set up? What I am trying to do is NOT have the alerts trigger sending an email during 8-5 business hours but still send an alert to the logs. I am having 2 emails for each door event, open/closed and that is annoying during the regular day. Any ideas how to configure a schedule for this? Thank you in advance for any help. Steve

1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The MT20 will log all opens and closes regardless of an alert profile. If you create an alert profile and only want alerts for off hours create a schedule in the alert profile to something like this.

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 09.59.54.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The MT20 will log all opens and closes regardless of an alert profile. If you create an alert profile and only want alerts for off hours create a schedule in the alert profile to something like this.

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 09.59.54.png

That's it. I'll test and make the logs are still ok. Thanks for your help.

Regardless of what you have set as a schedule you will still get two alerts, one for opening and one for closing because some users want to monitor when a room is being accessed whereas others might have a temp controlled room and they want to be able to monitor if the door hasn't been closed properly. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.