MT Sensor Roadmap

SOLVED
NGleich
Here to help

MT Sensor Roadmap

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to get information on the MT Sensor roadmap ?

I am asking myself if there will be some sort of dedicated gateway (other than MV or MR) that can cover more than six sensors?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Niklas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You would need to reach out to a Meraki Rep to get this info.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You would need to reach out to a Meraki Rep to get this info.

REsteban
Here to help

Hi NGleich,

As far as I know the MV and MR are able to support up to eight sensors each to ensure connection quality. I suppose it is not yet enough for what you are looking for but it is a little bit more than six anyway.

Hope it helps,

KR,

Raúl

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @REsteban, my understanding is that it’s 7 sensors per MV or MR

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Hi @DarrenOC,

I was providing the 8 sensor per MV or MR number based on the MT Frequently Asked Questions webpage from Meraki.

Regarding the question "How many sensors can be used per gateway?" it is stated that it is recommended to have a maximum of 8 sensors per gateway to ensure connection quality.

I have to recognize that I have not checked in a real environment this number. Therefore, I can only refer to the document.

The good point is that 7 or 8 are at least bigger numbers than the 6 stated by @NGleich 

https://documentation.meraki.com/MT/MT_Frequently_Asked_Questions

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @REsteban ,

No offence meant. I attended a pre-launch webinar and the figure touted was 7. Hence where I got the number from.

Regards

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Thygesen
Building a reputation

@REsteban It's a valid question indeed !! 
We are lurking around some deployments, where the wireless or cameras as gateways don't give any meaning .. 

So I'll tag along .. 

The latest Meraki Unboxed podcast tells a little about the sensor platform, but they keep roadmaps close to the body as usual.. 

The podcasts are highly recommendable as commuting entertaintment 😀

@DarrenOC I heard the same .. And I also heard/read, that it's a recommendation ? I read that as "not a system hardcoded limit" .. 

With highest regards
Thyge

4M .. Merely Mediocre Meraki Man .. 

Roska
A model citizen

"The podcasts are highly recommendable as commuting entertaintment 😀" Agreed @Thygesen 

Larry_Woods
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Updating post here as we now support up to 32 sensors per MV and MR if you are latest GA versions of code for MV/MR.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.