Upgrading from MX-100 to MX-250

HeritageEagle
Here to help

Upgrading from MX-100 to MX-250

Has anyone ever upgraded from the MX-100 to the MX-250? If so, did you lose any settings such as DHCP settings, V-Lan settings, Firewall Settings?

Thanks,

Jim

8 REPLIES 8
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

There are only a few items that don't move over such as static WAN info, device name and notes.  There is a very good doc that covers it all and gives options for replacement methods: https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Other_Topics/MX_Cold_Swap_Replacing_an_Existing_MX_with_a_Differ...

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

And don't forget the SFP(s) for the WAN ports.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

Brandon,

Thanks for the quick reply. I got the SFP's today. Will be installing soon. Thanks for the help.

Jim

@BrandonS  Someone posted this reply. Any comments from you?

If I were you I would return the MX250.   Topology map does not work and your clients will show that they are connected to multiple switches... Its a mess... If I where you just return it.   I regret buying out my lease.

I thought I would get your thoughts

Thanks

Jim

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Follow the doc that @BrandonS and you’ll be fine. We’ve done this plenty of times

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Someone posted this reply. Any comments from you?

If I were you I would return the MX250.   Topology map does not work and your clients will show that they are connected to multiple switches... Its a mess... If I where you just return it.   I regret buying out my lease.

I thought I would get your thoughts

Thanks

Jim

Sounds more like vendor-bashing. For sure, there are lots of problems with the Meraki system (and for some I really can't understand that they are not addressed), but for now, nobody showed me a competitive vendor without any problems ...

the-iot
Here to help

Hi,
1 year ago we switched from the MX100 to the Mx250 Warm Sprare with 1000 clients.

It works without any problems. There are 50 x MS355 and 50 x MS120 at the site

The configuration has not been lost. But you have to reconfigure the downlink ports
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels