Unable to contact domain controller event logs

DavidLeBoeuf
Comes here often

Unable to contact domain controller event logs

What can cause the log messages that say "Unable to contact domain controller"? I see the log messages coming from both of the DC's that are configured for this site. When I go to Security & SD-WAN > Active Directory, it shows the status is green and appears to be connected. I couldn't really find a specific knowledge article regarding this, so I am just looking to find out where I should look next, or where I can get more details on the error.

Thanks!
2 Replies 2
Robthesoundguy
Here to help

Check the AD account you're using to auth with. I've seen this issue happen when the account gets locked out. 

julioleal
Here to help

I had the same problem in the status informed ok "green", when I went to check in the event logs, Event type informed that: "Unable to contact domain controller " alternating between "Connected to Domain Controller" .

To solve this I checked that in the "domain admin" field I didn't need to inform the domain followed by the \

Put only the domain user name.domainname.JPGdomainname1.JPG

Júlio César de Sousa Leal
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels