SD-WAN & traffic shaping bug not resolved since April

Solved
janic
Here to help

SD-WAN & traffic shaping bug not resolved since April

Hi

Is anyone else having this issue on the MX95 since the 18.210 release when trying to change the SD-WAN & traffic shaping configuration it shows an error for WAN3, but there's no WAN3:

janic_0-1725962452996.png

'Slightly' annoyed since Meraki support just tells me to wait for a firmware which is supposed to fix this issue. But it's not even stated as a known issue. It's been months...

janic_1-1725962621751.png

1 Accepted Solution
SamerAl
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi Janic,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.

This is indeed a known issue on our end, and you are not alone in experiencing it as we have it reported by other customers. I can confirm that your case is linked to the main thread addressing this problem internally.

Our engineering team is aware of the issue and is actively working on a solution. In the meantime, the only workaround at the moment is to either make changes solely at the template level and avoid using the Local Override page, or to downgrade to MX 18.1.

Please keep in touch with our support team as they will be able to notify you as soon as a solution is available.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution " so that others can benefit from it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I just tested it on an MX95 HA pair running 18.211.2 and it seems to work for me.

PhilipDAth_0-1725965110311.png

I just set both ports to 1Gbs.

PhilipDAth_1-1725965152166.png

Hi Philip, seems odd we're running 18.211.2 as well and no matter which setting I'm changing it shows me the error. Guess I'll contact support again and tell them that it works on other MX95 HA setups.

janic_0-1725965385384.png

Thanks for responding! 🙂

SamerAl
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi Janic,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.

This is indeed a known issue on our end, and you are not alone in experiencing it as we have it reported by other customers. I can confirm that your case is linked to the main thread addressing this problem internally.

Our engineering team is aware of the issue and is actively working on a solution. In the meantime, the only workaround at the moment is to either make changes solely at the template level and avoid using the Local Override page, or to downgrade to MX 18.1.

Please keep in touch with our support team as they will be able to notify you as soon as a solution is available.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution " so that others can benefit from it.

Thanks for responding, guess we'll wait for further updates. 

SamerAl
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

No problem Janic, our support Team will keep you posted.

RWelch
Getting noticed

If it's the same issue, Tech Support sent me these instructions that fixed the issue for my particular setup (7/26/24) and it DID fix the issue:

Thank you for contacting Meraki Technical Support!

Can you temporarily enable the WAN3 Backup feature, modify the WAN 1 bandwidth settings, and then disable the WAN 3 backup feature, and then try modifying the WAN 1 configuration again just to ensure the WAN 3 backup feature is no longer being referenced?

Keep in mind, when temporarily enabling the WAN 3 backup feature, the physical port usage will change to the following:

On the MX85, MX95 & MX105 - The Fourth physical port is the designated backup port. Physical ports 1 & 2 become designated WAN 1 and WAN 2 ports.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels