SD WAN Policies

Johnfnadez
Building a reputation

SD WAN Policies

Hi I have a MX64 and I wanted no configure SD WAN policies but it does not appear 😞

Johnfnadez_0-1585113459512.png

Does anyone know what happen?

Johnny Fernandez
Network & Security Engineer
CCNP | JNCIP-SEC | CMNA
8 Replies 8
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What firmware is your MX running?
Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Johnfnadez
Building a reputation

The lastest stable

Johnny Fernandez
CCNP | JNCIP-SEC | CMNA

I too am seeing this condition.

Latest stable firmware  MX 14.53

We have ~150 MX60/64s

None are showing the SD-WAN policies

Only IP Flow Preferences.

Our standard configuration is to prefer WAN1 and only use WAN2 in a failover mode.

I have tested enabling load-balancing and active-active VPN to see if any change but none.

I do have a pair of MX84 in Asia and they DO have the proper options but are only network I can find that does.

Opened case with Meraki and they are coming up empty initially and continue to research.

OK have solution 

You must have active/active tunnels enable for this to work (thinking about it makes sense otherwise you'd only have single tunnel to use)

We also had a back end change made to our dashboard long ago that disabled active/active regardless of what GUI showed.

Support was able to adjust the override in our dashboard (now that GUI works properly)

After doing that AND enabling active/active VPN and doing a full refresh on page we see VPN flow preferences!

MarkiP
Getting noticed

What in particular are you trying to do?

Flow preferences are available if you click "Add a preference".

Your traffic shaping rules should be further down the page.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you only have one MX64 in the organization you cannot configure an SD-WAN, you need at least two, one each in separate networks.

Johnfnadez
Building a reputation

Mmm I don´t think so, bc I have customers with just one MX and one branch and they have this option.

Regards

Johnny Fernandez
CCNP | JNCIP-SEC | CMNA
Johnfnadez
Building a reputation

Yes but in this option I just configure L3 rules to prefer the outbound traffic flow.

Regards

Johnny Fernandez
CCNP | JNCIP-SEC | CMNA
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels