Reset configuration on MX Appliance

SOLVED
Tekrondo
Here to help

Reset configuration on MX Appliance

I want to reset the configuration on my MX100, there's no obvious way of clearing the configuration.

Would removing and deleting it from my inventory clear the cached config and settings?

I still would be using it in the same dashboard, just on a different network.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi

I hope you have gone through the following Url.

This document give us the detailed procedure of resetting the devices to Factory Defaults.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Support/Resetting_Cisco_Meraki_Devices_to_F...)

Also deleting from Inventory and moving to another network will download the configuration of "New Network" from Meraki cloud overwriting the existing on to the MX100.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi

I hope you have gone through the following Url.

This document give us the detailed procedure of resetting the devices to Factory Defaults.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Support/Resetting_Cisco_Meraki_Devices_to_F...)

Also deleting from Inventory and moving to another network will download the configuration of "New Network" from Meraki cloud overwriting the existing on to the MX100.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

As @AjitKumar says, all you really need to do is just move the MX to the new network, and it will get a new config.

Adam
Kind of a big deal

I believe the only thing that won't get cleared by going through the above suggestions is the local static IP information which you can adjust by going to the local mgmt page. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels