Printing and a Client VPN

LudwigD
Getting noticed

Printing and a Client VPN

Is it possible (and how) to acces a local printer on my main network through a Client VPN ?

Thanks,

LD

4 REPLIES 4
lpopejoy
A model citizen

Yes, it is.  No special configuration required on the Meraki side.  Start by verifying you can ping the IP address of the printer.  I'm assuming by "local printer" you mean a network printer in your network?  

It is indeed a printer in my network, and it is no problem to ping the IP address of the printer. But wat is the next step?

Thanks for Your quick reply!

LD

Hey, the easiest thing is to google "setup network printer on win x". You will set up this printer no differently than if you were inside of the network. That is, unless I'm misunderstanding something!

If the printer is already configured on the computer (maybe a laptop), it should just work via VPN the same as it would while inside the network.  Otherwise, youl'll have to set it up new, and do so as if you were on the inside of the network.

Ultimately, printers should be no different than any other IP device.  So long as you don't have any other filtering to block the communication, you should be good.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels