Need block dns or internet on one host

AlexanderDrago
Getting noticed

Need block dns or internet on one host

Hello!

I have one question. On another routers for blocking dns and host dont have access to internet i use block dns 53 port udp for host.

In meraki when i create rule Deny UDP Source myhost/32 Destination Any 53 nothing happens.

Maybe i something write wrong or missed ?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

It may not take effect immediately on current network flows/sessions.  If you think the rule is correct and applied to the client I would try rebooting the machine or refresh network settings and test again.  You might try blocking tcp 53 also.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

Done, work good. But when i blocked 53 port not working when blocking any. I dont understand what dns need blocking which wrote to DHCP ? or GW ?
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you don't want them to access the Internet - why not just block them completely?

Hello!
I need that this host use local lan. Example security vlan, where DVR and cameras

Hello! I resolved my problem. If anybody need block dns (resolving names) you need create rule
Deny Any Hostwichneedblock/32 Any Your dns Any
You asked, why in PORTS any? I know ghat dns working on 53 port, but command NETSTAT showed that host didnt use 53 port. Maybe somebody can tell which port, but my solution working. Thank you

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels