Meraki Switch Refresh Rates..

LateNightLeo
New here

Meraki Switch Refresh Rates..

Hi all, Shauno here... just joined and was wondering if you knew how to request an immediate refreash on a Meraki Switch via the Meraki Dashboard? -  MS120-48LP

Historical device data  - ( for the last 2 hours ) seems to be the most recent?

I had to wait 2 hours to find a POE device that I needed to assign a different VLAN to work... I wasnt onsite and wiating to see the device IP show on the switch after waiting for the Meraki to report current got me wondering if there was any kind of quick refreash...

Thanks all! 

Don't be too hard on my 1st question here. 8 )

3 REPLIES 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Go to Organization > monitor > Firmware upgrades on all networks select your Switch network then schedule it:

alemabrahao_0-1665007753788.png

Selec the firmware version then select perform the upgrade now.

alemabrahao_1-1665007863350.png

The last 2 hours is the minimum that you can filter.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If I understand correctly, the issue is the amount of time it took for a client to show up after a change?

The way this works is the switch sniffs the traffic coming in the port to figure out the device and IP address.  The problem is if the device doesn't generate much traffic.

If the device is generating traffic regularly if often corrects within a couple of minutes.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Upgrading firmware won't make any difference, it's possible a restart would but thats a very heavy handed approach and would cause disruption to other devices obviously. 

Are you able to search for the device under   Network-wide > monitor > clients

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels