MX450 Sizing

esmith
Comes here often

MX450 Sizing

I am trying to understand something.  MX 18.207 says "Significant Performance Improvements for MX250 and MX450" however when I look at the sizing guides, the December 2022 sizing guide for the MX450 shows the Max Throughput with all security features enabled to be 4 Gbps.  The July 2023 sizing guide for the MX450 shows the Max Throughput with all security features (18.107) enabled to be 2.5 Gbps...so it got significantly slower.  Is there a newer sizing guide or is MX450 just decreasing in speed?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @esmith , I would look to get this information from the horses mouth- I.e Meraki.

Do you have an aligned AM you can contact?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Yep, I dont understand why the MX250 and MX450 has not been updated on the "Sizing guide", since all the new MXxx5 models have been updated previously this year. (this year .. DOH ... last year 🙂 )

But the numbers should roughly be :

MX450 goes from 4 to 10Gbit (NAT EMIX)  - 1,5 to 4,5Gbit (VPN EMIX).

MX250 goes from 4 to 8Gbit (NAT EMIX)  - 1 to 3Gbit (VPN EMIX)

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sounds promising especially for concentrators.

But it looks like vpn concentrator is recommended 50% utilization now? I wonder at what number we will hit that.

thomasthomsen
Head in the Cloud

I also wonder what the "with all security features enabled" numbers will be 🙂

esmith
Comes here often

DarrenOC,

I am contacting my Meraki rep about this.  They had told me they were suppose to get a performance bump but last time I talked with them they said they couldn't tell me the numbers.  I have been watching and waiting but...yeah.  

Thanks.

Eric

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels