MX250 sometimes rebooted

AlexanderDrago
Getting noticed

MX250 sometimes rebooted

Hello!
I have some problem with Meraki MX250. Sometimes Master MX is rebooting. What problem it's can be ?
On all devices we have latest firmware.

3 REPLIES 3
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Seems you are not alone.  @hilehoffer posted about the same thing here

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/MX250-Stability-Issues/m-p/26639

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
hilehoffer
Here to help

In my case we did not actually do a warm spare just Data Center redundancy.  I think our issue may finally have been resolved, we had a firmware upgrade that did not actually complete on one of the MX 250s even though dashboard said it did.  We did a factory default and let it do its thing from scratch and the issue resolved itself.  We may have also had an issue with DHCP, I thought the MX already had a static IP address.  For your case, I would make your backup the mater, and then factory reset the other one, and see if it resolves the issue.  And definitely make sure you have a support case open.

One other thing to note, the MX 250s run better on the 14 code. I know it is beta, but I think that train got started to better support the MX 250/450 line.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels