MX 15.17 firmware released

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MX 15.17 firmware released

New v15 firmware, but with a rather alarming known issue, can anyone add some colour to this...

5 REPLIES 5
NetworkGuy9
Conversationalist

I wouldn't say it's alarming since it's in beta. Now if that bug still exists when it's in release candidate status then we have some worrying to do but it'll likely be fixed long before that.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@NetworkGuy9  for Meraki the descriptions aren't used the same way as other vendors, see this link Meraki Firmware Release Process where what Meraki call Beta is supposed to be production ready, just not tested much out in the wild.  I am aware that the 15.x branch is somewhat experimental but the previous 16(!) versions have not had such a wide ranging caveat....

We use MXs for SDWAN and for that you do really benefit from v15.x but we'll be skipping this point release!

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So 15.18 has now been released with the below fixes, but it still contains the general performance known issue mentioned above, slightly more alarming is that the known issue has been back ported into prior releases...

Bug fixes

• Resolved an issue that could result in non-Meraki VPN and client VPN tunnels failing to form if certain characters were used in the pre-shared key.
  • Performed some tuning of packet buffers on MX250 and MX450 appliances. This should improve the consistency of TCP performance when between a 10Gbps WAN interface and a 1 Gbps LAN interface.
  • Resolved an issue that could result in device reboots of MX84, MX250, and MX450 appliances.
  • Corrected an issue that could result in a device reboot when ThreatGrid integration was enabled.
  • Fixed several issues that could result in a device reboot when AMP was enabled.
Dartanian14
Comes here often

Any known issues with 15.18 causing the VPN to break for Windows 10? We have 2 MX100s setup with RADIUS for MFA.

VPN works fine connects to the MX on 14.x. Connect leads to username and password, then verification goes and a MFA push notification hits, you accept and you're connected.

VPN doesn't authenticate at all on 15.18 on the other MX. Hit connect, it asks for username and password, enter it and it just spins CONNECTING eventually bombing out saying their was an L2TP issue and nothing on the DC shows any sort of attempted authentication occurred. 

I even dumbed down the shared secret on the RADIUS server since there is some weird issues with that otherwise everything is identical. The common denominator at this point is the MX with the newest firmware isn't working,

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

15.20 is the latest now there are some VPN fixes in it but they pertain to communication after connection.  I'd upgrade though as the performance regression is addressed

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels