L7 firewall rules for Internet traffic only?

SOLVED
suneq
Getting noticed

L7 firewall rules for Internet traffic only?

Hi,

We learned the hard way that L7 firewall rules will be applied for both VPN and Internet traffic. Is there a way to configure so that L7 firewall rules will be applied for Internet traffic only please? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

At least I am not aware of a way to do that. I filed a "wish" for this inconsistent behaviour to stop some time ago.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

At least I am not aware of a way to do that. I filed a "wish" for this inconsistent behaviour to stop some time ago.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not currenty no. This is one of the reasons why I wasn't able to choose Meraki as a Firewall vendor, there is just to many features missing or that are simply on or off and not configurable enough to be used in our environment. 

While I love Meraki gear I think in the MX space they need to pay more attention to what competitors are doing. 

I have a funny feeling that the MX Firewall/Advanced security features will be shifted to Umbrella and the MX will be sold as a SASE/SDWAN appliance

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

@MilesMeraki : That will never happen i am sure.

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
suneq
Getting noticed

Thanks all for your sharing.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels