How can I view the settings of the Normal policy? Is there a way to change this?

Solved
ShadowoftheD
Here to help

How can I view the settings of the Normal policy? Is there a way to change this?

Hi,

I'm working in a trading firm and I've had complaints were my traders are experiencing lag or congestion. Since MX84 doesn't have a rule or group policy settings I'd like to ask if there's a way to view the settings of the Normal policy and if there's a way to change this? I'm asking since the VPN ips always default to this policy and I'd like to check the settings for it.

Thanks

Device: MX84

1 Accepted Solution
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

The device policy of 'normal' just means that there is no specific Group Policy, Whitelisting or Blacklisting applied to the client. The device will follow the rules configured on the underlying infrastructure, e.g. the firewall, traffic shaping, IPS and AMP rules configured on the MX. You can override these rules by creating a Group Policy and applying it to the device.

It should also be noted that a Group Policy can be created and applied to a VLAN, which needs to be reviewed too - this is applied on the Addressing & VLANs page, and applies to all clients on the VLAN that don't have a specific Group Policy applied. (Clients being affected by a VLAN-based Group Policy show a 'normal' device policy).

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

The device policy of 'normal' just means that there is no specific Group Policy, Whitelisting or Blacklisting applied to the client. The device will follow the rules configured on the underlying infrastructure, e.g. the firewall, traffic shaping, IPS and AMP rules configured on the MX. You can override these rules by creating a Group Policy and applying it to the device.

It should also be noted that a Group Policy can be created and applied to a VLAN, which needs to be reviewed too - this is applied on the Addressing & VLANs page, and applies to all clients on the VLAN that don't have a specific Group Policy applied. (Clients being affected by a VLAN-based Group Policy show a 'normal' device policy).

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels