Hatched call SDwan

TMVL
Just browsing

Hatched call SDwan

Hello, I have a problem with hatching during a phone call on my sites in SDWAN. The MTU size has been changed several times but this does not solve the problem. I tried the ping www.meraki. com -l 1472 -f and adjusted the values but nothing worked. What value to put to be sure not to be hatched anymore?

10 Replies 10
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you talking about fragmentation of traffic over autovpn?

What value did you change where

TMVL
Just browsing

I speak about MTU size, It's not me who changes it, I have to go through the support

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Could we take a step back - what is the actual problem with Hatch.  A user goes to use it and "what" happens?

On my sites deploying in SDWAN, the phone calls begin to hatch (they hear hatching) while we hear them well. Only call reception behind the SDWAN is impacted, not reception

StevePF
Getting noticed

Hi,

Would you be able to share the MOS and packet lost status on the VPN?  From my observation, 2% packet loss causes the MOS to drop around 3 and the VOIP start to be impacted.

Security & SD-WAN / VPN Status / Select your main tunnel on  the green bar / 

Another thing, do you have some SD-WAN policies configured to prefer a specific WAN interface?

(ex. prefer WAN2 for SIP)

Lastly, du you use traffic shaping rules for SIP traffic?

Also 

TMVL
Just browsing

TMVL_0-1675424217589.png

StevePF
Getting noticed

Yeah, you may want to investigate the Internet access.  MOS bellow 3.6 would be difficult for VoIP.
We have over 75 sites with 2 Internet access each and the MOS average a steady 4.1.  

TMVL
Just browsing

TMVL_1-1675425018806.png

TMVL
Just browsing

re,
do you have specific technical requirements, which you think are important on the internet subscriptions to subscribe to avoid this type of inconvenience!
Thank you in advance for your answer.

StevePF
Getting noticed

Sorry I don't except to avoid DSL type of access and 2% packet lost

But here are some good reading

Wireless VoIP QoS Best Practices - Cisco Meraki

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels