cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Machine able to connect with VPN but not able to connect with Internet.

Highlighted
Here to help

Windows 10 Machine able to connect with VPN but not able to connect with Internet.

Hello Guys,

I am facing a different type of issue related to network. Issue is that I am able to connect with VPN client when I connected with VPN at that time my internet is not working. When I disconnect with VPN at the same time I am able to connect with internet.

Regards,

Prateek Maheshwari

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

Re: Windows 10 Machine able to connect with VPN but not able to connect with Internet.

@Prateek_1  I saw this exact same issue a few weeks ago, I can't remember exactly what I did to resolve it, I think it a windows update fixed it. 

The symptoms I had were the VPN would connect, as soon as it had windows reported it had no internet access. 

Meraki CMNO, Ruckus WISE, Sonicwall CSSA, Allied Telesis CASE & CAI
Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

Re: Windows 10 Machine able to connect with VPN but not able to connect with Internet.

@Prateek_1  I remembered what my issue was, if the local IP range is the same as the VPN subnet range you will see this problem.

For example local LAN DHCP was 192.168.10.x and the VPN subnet was also 192.168.10.x. Windows didn't know how to deal with this.

Meraki CMNO, Ruckus WISE, Sonicwall CSSA, Allied Telesis CASE & CAI
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.