Google and related service blocking by MX 250 Firewall

ksarker
Comes here often

Google and related service blocking by MX 250 Firewall

I am suddenly facing problem to browse google from my office network and when users trying google it says connection time out and check proxy and firewall setting.

I checked some blocked traffic from logs which indicated content filtering policy (Proxy avoidance and Anonymize) blocking those traffic to resolve dns.google so I removed Proxy avoidance and Anonymize it for short time to check google services and found www.google.com page is not working but gmail and some other google service is working.

ksarker_0-1638811998436.png

So I bring back Proxy avoidance and Anonymize as it was and tried bellow white listing which does not work. Any one please advice how I can move forward to find quick but secure solution?

ksarker_1-1638812303007.png

1 Reply 1
Russ_B
Getting noticed

Try changing your "*.google.com" in the allow list to just "google.com".  I had an issue where someone here tried to block netflix.com by adding *.netflix.com to the blocked URL list and it did not work, I had to use "netflix.com" to get it to work.  I assume the allow list works the same way.

Russ

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels