Client VPN No longer working

SOLVED
MckJoseph
Conversationalist

Client VPN No longer working

As of this morning all of my users are unable to connect to my Meraki VPN. We have been using it without issue for a few years but as of this morning each user receives the same error of incorrect username/password or selected authentication protocol is not permitted.

Nothing has been changed overnight to result in this that i'm aware of. I've deleted and re-added the connections multiple times, double and triple checked passwords, restarted the equipment and computers but nothing has worked.

Anyone else having a similar issue or have an idea what could be causing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bettencourt
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello dear Merakians,

Our Engineering teams are currently working on a server-side problem with the Meraki Cloud hosted software.

You may find that configuration changes and/or Meraki auth services for Client VPN are not working 100% at this time.

This is being worked on with the highest priority within Meraki.

I do suggest that if you are facing this issue to raise a support ticket rather than calling in as the lines are busier than usual, and we will be attaching your cases to our internal bug for tracking. we will get back to you via your case number the moment we have any updates.

We apologise for the inconvenience this might be causing you.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
A_Meraki_User
New here

You are not going mad - Client VPN has been down for the past hour or so when authentication is set to "Meraki Cloud" ... Meraki are yet to acknowledge the issue but I have 6 clients across 11 sites that can't use VPN during working from home 😞 ... the Meraki support hotline has been sitting on hold for the past hour.... I wish they had a functional service status page.

Same issue here, all our VPN clients get the error.

When you restart your gateway for a few seconds you can connect to the VPN as usual, but it's a really short window.

I finally got through to Meraki on the phone - they said the Client VPN issue is due to a certificate error on their end and they are working on getting an official service status notice out soon

Thank you for the update! I'm sure many of us are somewhat less stressed knowing its not an issue on our end. 😅

JulienV
Conversationalist

Now let's hope it's fixed quickly, many users are impacted with this.

Vinod
New here

It's not working for my India and Boston locations sites also. 

JSchooff
Here to help

Same issue.

Bettencourt
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello dear Merakians,

Our Engineering teams are currently working on a server-side problem with the Meraki Cloud hosted software.

You may find that configuration changes and/or Meraki auth services for Client VPN are not working 100% at this time.

This is being worked on with the highest priority within Meraki.

I do suggest that if you are facing this issue to raise a support ticket rather than calling in as the lines are busier than usual, and we will be attaching your cases to our internal bug for tracking. we will get back to you via your case number the moment we have any updates.

We apologise for the inconvenience this might be causing you.

Thank you.

Is there an ETA on rectification for this issue? Our sites are dead in the water for people working remoting needing to access company resources.

is there any estimated time of resolution?

Estimado esto esta afectando también la comunicación entre redes Non Meraki?

Hi I have a problem with client VPN. We can't connect to the VPN status connecting after few minutes of waiting it shows unsuccessful. Please help me urgently. Also I wrote email to the support but your support team can't answer.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/Client-VPN-Authentication-on-n109-failing-using-Mera...

Check out my post. 

Im having the issue where users cant authenticate using cloud auth.

NordOps
Getting noticed

Same issue, multiple customers/orgs reporting

Same here in the UK, 2 sites and 50+ users down.

ShadowoftheDark
Getting noticed

fkn hell, down here in Manila as well. 

Is there at least a ticket that we can view so we can at least get some updates / ettr about this?

There is more attention to this issue on Reddit where some other Meraki employees appear to have chimed in https://www.reddit.com/r/meraki/

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

The Meraki team will post further updates on this issue here: https://community.meraki.com/t5/Dashboard-Administration/Hosted-Services-Issues/td-p/125510 

Please visit that thread and hit "subscribe" for email updates.

Thank you,

- Caroline

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels