cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear DHCP leases - MX84

Here to help

Clear DHCP leases - MX84

Hi, 

May I know if there is a way to clear out the DHCP Leases in a certain VLAN?

I configured static IP addresses but their previous addresses are still there in the dashboard. 

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Kind of a big deal

Re: Clear DHCP leases - MX84

I don't know the answer.  You could try turning DHCP off and then back on again.  

Kind of a big deal

I believe as soon as the client disconnects and reconnects to the network it will go through the DHCP process again. At that point they will receive the newly assigned static address. If they try to renew the lease I think the DHCP server will refuse and assign them the static IP address too.

Highlighted
Here to help

Thanks for the tip Smiley Happy I will try it now.

Here to help

Hi Brecht,

I have tried it but it seems it does not work Smiley Sad
Getting noticed

Every time I'm in a situation where I need to clear a DHCP lease on Meraki, I hit this button so hard...

meraki-maw.PNG

There is no way (that I know of) to clear a DHCP lease manually in Meraki. Best is to lower lease time, in the DHCP server, and wait for the leases to renew, to the shorter lease time. 

Here to help

Hi,

I think that is the "wish button"?

Well, I will check your suggestion. Hopefully later on the update, they will have that feature.
Kind of a big deal

@jvelasco wrote:
Hi Brecht,

I have tried it but it seems it does not work Smiley Sad

Hmm well that's annoying. Good to know.

Ben
Building a reputation

Set the DHCP lease Time to 30 minutes in the evening when everyone leaves and wait.. That's how I handle this. 

Cheers 

Ben

Here to help

Hi,

I've done two options, setting it at 30 minutes and then reboot.  At last, it renews all leases. 

But I think the Cisco Meraki must do something about this because it is really important. 

Thanks.

Getting noticed

is there any development going on for this issue? Manually changing dhcp leases to 30 min at the eod is not the ultimate solution. I hope there would be a select and delete option somewhere for removing dhcp leases.

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.