3 MX's( MX250(1 No), MX450(2 No's - HA) in One Network is it possible ??

SOLVED
hianilz
Getting noticed

3 MX's( MX250(1 No), MX450(2 No's - HA) in One Network is it possible ??

Hi All,

I have one scenerio where we are  with traditonal network setup and  using one MX250 -->MS250-->MR's for only Wi-Fi purpose and Network name is " ABC" under organisation. 

Now we are planning to move compeltely to Meraki kit,

when we try to add First MX to the same Network " ABC" it is throwging error as MX should be in same model.., i know it is comparing with exsiting MX250.

But as per our desing we would like to keep 3 MX's

MX450 as HA and MX250 as separate for Wi-Fi..is it possible to keep 3 MX's in same Network ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

No, you can only have one MX in a network (two if they are an HA pair).

You’ll need to put the others in a separate network.

Remember that a Meraki network is only a logical management structure, it doesn’t stop you connecting the devices however you want.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

No, you can only have one MX in a network (two if they are an HA pair).

You’ll need to put the others in a separate network.

Remember that a Meraki network is only a logical management structure, it doesn’t stop you connecting the devices however you want.

hianilz
Getting noticed

Thanks Bruce for youe help 🙂 I had created two networks for MX450 and 250 each.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As @Bruce states you can’t have 3 MXs in the same network you’ll have to create different networks for them all.  You also have to ensure they’re all licensed the same ie Enterprise or Advanced Security. You can’t mix the Mx license structure for your Organisation. 

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels