Security subscription documentation

SOLVED
UlfJorgensen
Comes here often

Security subscription documentation

Hi community, 

Can somebody help me get some data sheet or documentation for the optional Meraki Go Security Subsription with Umbrella. I have tried to find this online with little success. 

All help appropriated 🙂

Kind regards, 

Tech Data Norway 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JamesMW
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

6 REPLIES 6
AMP
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@UlfJorgensen 

We are currently drafting Meraki GO documentation regarding Umbrella security however nothing is available at the moment. I can provide some insight for you though.

Once an Umbrella license is claimed for a GO network an extra configuration tab will appear under settings called "Security Measures". If you open the security measures you can toggle the feature on and off and set the level of security. There are currently three security policy options, Secure filtering only, security and basic appropriate use filtering, and security and moderate appropriate use filtering with secure filtering only being the most modest security policy and security and moderate appropriate use filtering being the most aggressive security policy. 

Umbrella protection includes malware and phishing protection along with content filtering and commands & control callbacks. GO will also give you the option to add whitelisted URL's, under the "excluded url's column", if content filtering is blocking a site you are trying to reach.

I hope this helps!

Screenshot 2020-02-20 at 8.55.09 AM.jpgScreenshot 2020-02-20 at 9.00.01 AM.jpg

Knowledge is power

I'm also having challenges finding any information for the umbrella subscription such as cost, where I can get it etc?  One very nice thing would be a trial license to see if we indeed want to purchase it.  Is that an option?

StuKoalaIT
Getting noticed

Hi, is there any update on the Security Subscription/Umbrella issue when claiming the licence against the GX20? I assigned the licence but I still can't activate the Security Protection within the app. I get the error "Unable to access your Umbrella account. Please contact Meraki support directly"

Any help would be appreciated as my customer currently has unfiltered internet.

Thanks,

Stu

AMP
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi,

At this time we are unable to provide an ETA of when the issue of claiming Umbrella licenses will be resolved. However, the engineering team is actively working to resolve this issue and we hope to have this resolved as soon as possible as we understand the impact this can have on customer's network security. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this! 

Knowledge is power
JamesMW
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

@UlfJorgensen 

https://documentation.meraki.com/Go/Meraki_Go_GX_Security_Settings should help and the GX vs GX + UMB comparison chart here https://community.meraki.com/t5/Meraki-Go-Partner-Resources/Meraki-Go-Full-Stack-Launch-Kit/ba-p/622... should be helpful as well.

James

James Wilson
Cisco Meraki

@Skaminski 

please utilize these links for detailed information around the optional Meraki Go security subscription. The Meraki Go community link has a master price list in addition to a comparison chart for GX vs GX + UMB.

There are no trials with Meraki Go but you absolutely have a 30-day CSAT return window for all Meraki Go SKUs.

James

James Wilson
Cisco Meraki